, pub-0506098242811370, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 ads.txt

Another Hunts Bay escapee caught; five still at large 

Maldine Lemmon, who was among the eight inmates who escaped from the Hunts Bay lock-up in St Andrew on Sunday, is back in police custody.

25-year-old Lemmon, otherwise called ‘Mallo’, was held on Monday afternoon.

Lemmon, of Espute Avenue, Kingston 13 and Bob Marley Boulevard in Kingston 2, was being held for one count of murder.The circumstances around his recapture are not clear at the moment.

Lemmon is the third escapee among the eight to either have been returned to police custody or killed. Earlier Monday, one of his cronies, Leroy Burrell, was shot dead by police in the mangroves near the Portmore Toll Plaza.

The police said another escapee, Ricardo Johnson, was on Sunday brought in by his attorney and his mother.

Meanwhile, five escapees remain at large. They are:

They are:

Eighteen-year-old Shavar Smith, otherwise called ‘Boy Boy’, of Crescent Road, Kingston, who was being held for one count of murder.
Thirty-one-year-old Michael Ellis of Ramsey Road, Kingston 13 and New Green District in Manchester, who was charged with illegal possession of firearm and ammunition and robbery.

Thirty-one-year-old Nicholas Petrie, otherwise called ‘Nico’ or ‘Game Cock’, of Sea Breeze, Bournemouth Gardens, Kingston 2 and Kent Lane, Franklyn Town, Kingston 16, who was in custody for murder, illegal possession of firearm and ammunition, housebreaking and rape.
Twenty-three-year-old Rojae Gaynor, otherwise called ‘Screechy’, of Varma Road, Kingston 11, who was charged with robbery and breaches of the anti-gang legislation.

Twenty-three-year-old Kenouir Holness, otherwise called ‘Oliver’ or ‘Grimmy’, of Waltham Park Road, Kingston 11.
Information is that a COVID-19 prevention sanitisation exercise was being done at a section of the lock-ups between 9am and 3pm. As a result of the exercise, the prisoners were moved to a temporary holding area at the facility.

At the end of the exercise, it was discovered that eight prisoners had breached a section of the holding area and escaped.