Operations at Kingston Wharves Limited have been suspended following a bomb threat on Monday.
The port terminal and logistics provider is the latest location in a string of entities to receive bomb threats in Jamaica since Thursday last week, with as many as 71 institutions, mostly schools, being impacted on Thursday and Friday.
One person has since been arrested by the police in relation to the bomb threats. The police have so far said that the bomb threats are hoaxes.
On Monday, Kingston Wharves Limited said it received a bomb threat and, out of an abundance of caution, suspended operation while the relevant personnel sweep the facilities.
Jamaica Customs Agency also advised its customers that it has suspended operations at the location due to the bomb threat.
Jamaica Customs, the government agency responsible for regulating and facilitating import and export, said it is committed to ensuring the security of the supply chain and promoting international trade.
It also advised that customs operations continue at all other locations.